Starting on December 10th, 2020, teachers will begin requiring students to authenticate themselves prior to joining a Zoom meeting. This setting is in place to secure our meetings and provide a safe environment when students are using Zoom with their teacher. Please note that this does not create a Zoom account for students.
If you are using a district Chromebook, then you won't have to do anything different than you are now. You simply click on the join button in Schoology, and you will automatically be logged into your Zoom meeting.
If you are using a personal device, then you will need to sign in to your school Google account before you'll be able to join the Zoom meeting. To sign in to your account for a Zoom meeting, do the following:
- Click on the Join button in Schoology
- A new window will pop up asking you to sign in to Google
- Sign in to Google using your full school email address (remember the @greeleyschools.org part)
- A new window will pop up. Sign in using just your username and lunch number/Student ID number
- Click on Sign in
1. Do students need Zoom accounts to join Zoom meetings?
A: No, our account is set up so that students sign in to their school Google account to join meetings. This does not create a Zoom account for the student.
2. Can I join a Zoom meeting from another email address?
A: No, students must sign in to their school Google account to join Zoom meetings
3. Can I create a Zoom account?
A: Zoom does not allow for students under 16 to create accounts
4. Who do I contact if I have questions?
A: If you have any trouble with your Zoom meeting, please inform your teacher